How to overcome eye irritation after cataract surgery?
March 9, 2023
Have Any Questions?
Please contact us, if you have any queries
Cataract surgery is a common procedure that involves removing the natural lens of the eye that has got opaque due to ageing or medications and replacing it with an artificial lens. while the surgery is generally safe, there are some potential side effects, including eye irritation. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what causes eye irritation after cataract surgery and what can be done to overcome it.
Causes of Eye irritation after Cataract surgery.
These are several potential cause of eye irritation. These can include :
1. Dry Eyes : The eyes may become dry after cataract surgery, which can cause irritation, itching, and discomfort.
2. Inflammation : Inflammation can occur after cataract surgery, which can cause redness, swelling and discomfort.
3. Infection : Although rare, infections can occur after cataract surgery, which can cause eye irritation, pain and discharge.
4. Allergies : Some people may be allergic to the eyes drops or other medications used after cataract surgery, which can cause eye irritation and itching in eye.
Managing Eye irritation after cataract surgery
If you’re experiencing eye irritation after cataract surgery, There are several things you can do to manage it. These include :
1. Using Eye Drops : You will be prescribed eye drops to help reduce inflammation and prevent infection after cataract surgery. Make sure to use them as directed to help manage any eye irritation you may be experiencing.
2. Applying Warm Compress : Applying warm compress to the eyes can help reduce inflammation and soothe any irritation you may be experiencing after the surgery.
3. Avoid Eye Rubbing : Rubbing your eye can exacerbate any irritation you may be experiencing. avoid rubbing your eyes and try to keep your hands away from your face as much as possible.
4. Using Artificial Tears : If you’re experiencing dry eyes after cataract surgery, Using artificial tears can help keep the eyes lubricated and reduce any associated irritation.
When to contact your Doctor?
While eye irritation after cataract surgery is common, it’s important to contact your doctor if you are experience any of the following symptoms :
1. Sever pain in the eye
2. Decreased vision
3. Increased redness or discharge from the eye.
These symptoms could indicate a more serious complication, such as infection or inflammation and require prompt medical attention.
Most people may experience eye irritation after cataract surgery , it is common and caused by several factors including, dry eyes, inflammation, infection or allergies. while there are several things you can do to manage eye irritation. It’s important to contact your doctor if you’re experiencing severe symptoms. with proper care and management, most of them will be able to recover from cataract surgery without complications or long-term side effects.
Dr Rani Menon’s Eye Clinic in Thrissur offers the best cataract surgery in kerala. we perform surgeries with precision and professionalism, our biggest asset is having the best lineup of advanced eyecare doctors in kerala. Dr Rani Menon’s Eye Clinic is the best Eye Care Clinic in kerala offering the most modern and advanced eye care treatment in cataract. Our specialized eye care center offers the best recovery treatments after the surgery. Eye specialists in kerala can offer better vision and help you to read better, look better and live a better life.
Always ensure proper eye care and and identify any any small changes to your vision, so you can get them checked and get necessary treatment.